Working for a better Whitnash

Font Size

Latest News

Whitnash Community Hall Caretaker/Cleaner vacancy


Whitnash Town Council has a vacancy for a Caretaker / Cleaner at Whitnash Community Hall for approximately 12 - 15 hours per week Monday to Saturday.

Apply in writing to:
Mrs Jenny Mason
Town Clerk
Whitnash Town Council
Franklin Road
CV31 2JH
Tel. 01926 470394

Email: jenny.mason@whitnashtowncouncil.gov.uk

Closing date: 27th April 2018


New Washbourne Fields play equipment now open

We are very pleased to announce that the new play equipment that is being installed at Washbourne Fields is now open in time for the half-term holidays - ahead of its official opening on Wednesday 1st November at 1.45pm.


Need a venue for your group or events?

Whitnash Community Hall at Acre Close has availability to host your group's regular meeting or one-off events.

Current availability

Mondays: 9am to 5pm
Tuesdays: 9am to 5.30pm
Wednesdays: After 5pm
Thursdays: 12.30pm to 6.30pm
Fridays: Any time
Saturdays: Any time

Please contact the office on 01926 470394 or admin@whitnashtowncouncil.gov.uk


Travellers at Washbourne Fields

Late yesterday (7th April 2017) evening a group of travellers arrived at the above location and have moved on to the recreational area. We believe they illegally forced entry to the site.

At present the group consists of 9 caravans and a similar number of trucks and cars. The group were initially visited at 0900hrs this morning by the local SNT and code of conduct leaflets issued, reminding them of the need to respect the area, keep their dogs tied up and generally behaving by the same standards of the settled community.

We are very much aware of the concern that this will generate amongst Whitnash residents and whilst Whitnash Town Council, Warwick District Council and Warwickshire Police work together to have them removed, please be assured of an increased police presence in the area.

Whitnash Town Council, as the land owner, will have to go through a legal process to have them evicted, unfortunately this will take some time as it is more difficult than for a private land owner.

If there are any incidents related to the travellers or the encampment, then please phone the police on 101.